Avail Laparoscopic gallstone surgery in Chakan
People in Chakan who are looking for a reliable and safe treatment for gallstones can contact us for expert consultation. Our doctors offer advanced and minimally invasive laparoscopic surgery for gallstone removal. The laparoscopic gallstone surgeries are performed by our expert surgeons and the entire procedure is completely painless. Moreover, the success rate of laparoscopic gallstone removal is very high and there is nil risk of postoperative complications. Give us a call to book your appointment with one of our specialists today.
Gallstone Surgeries types available in Chakan
Open gallbladder removal surgery (open cholecystectomy) – Open cholecystectomy is the conventional complex procedure for gallbladder removal. It is quite invasive in nature as the surgeon needs to carry out a major incision of about 8cm for the removal of the organ. The invasiveness of the procedure increases the risk of infections in the wounds and other complications. Also, the downtime is long, painful and it may take weeks for the patient to recover completely.
Laparoscopic gallbladder removal surgery (laparoscopic cholecystectomy)- This is the modern and advanced procedure for gallbladder removal. In this technique, the surgeon carries out a few minor incisions in the abdominal region. The surgeon inserts a camera-fitted laparoscope into the abdominal cavity to get a better view. Other surgical instruments are also used to remove the gallbladder and the incisions are closed off using sutures. The procedure is performed under the effect of anesthesia and is completely painless. The patient can return home on the next day after surgery and can get back to routine activities in around 6-7 days.
Benefits of Laparoscopic Gallstone Surgery vs Open Surgery
Laparoscopic gallstone surgery is a technologically advanced procedure that offers a wide range of benefits over conventional open surgery. These include:
- Minimal access procedure – No involvement of major incisions or stitches
- No long-term wounds or scars left behind
- Minimal intraoperative bleeding involved
- No major pain experienced by the patient during the surgery
- Quick procedure and a short stay in the hospital
- Very less chances of infections or complications after surgery
- Smooth and fast recovery in less than a week
Why Laparoscopic Gallstone Surgery?
Gallstones are associated with intense pain and discomfort. If left untreated for a long time, the following complications can occur and add to the misery of the patient:
- Inflammation of the gallbladder due to the stone getting lodged
- Blockage of the bile ducts
- Jaundice, fever, and bile duct infections
- Blockage of the pancreatic duct, resulting in pancreatic inflammation
- Increased risk of gallbladder cancer
Therefore, if you are dealing with the symptoms of gallbladder stones, it is better to undergo surgery for gallstone removal at the earliest. Timely treatment can save you from experiencing any further serious problems due to gallstones.
Cost of Laparoscopic Gallstone Surgery in Chakan?
The average cost of gallstone removal can vary from patient to patient based on the following factors:
- The hospital where surgery is conducted
- Fees of the surgeon chosen
- The technique of gallstone removal (open or laparoscopic)
- Fees of anesthetist
- Postoperative medication
- Surgery cost covered under insurance
- Follow-up visits to the surgeon
Depending upon these factors, the cost of gallstone removal surgery in Chakan can be Rs. 45,000- 3,50,000. Call us for any further cost-related or other queries related to the treatment.
To explore gallstone treatment cost in different locations of India click here